Central Asian 教师 Development Programme
星际游戏平台 has always been committed to providing world-class education in Central Asia. 教师 development is therefore seen as an essential commitment for 星际游戏平台, not only in terms of recruiting new and quality faculty, maintaining excellence but also in assisting our existing faculty and staff to remain effective, 有关, 和创新.
In keeping with this commitment, the Central Asian 教师 Development Programme (CAFDP) was set up as 星际游戏平台’s flagship programme in 2008. CAFDP therefore provides access and opportunities through scholarships for suitably qualified Central Asian candidates (including those from Afghanistan and Northern Pakistan), to study at 星际游戏平台’s partner universities that are some of the very best universities of the world. These scholarships, awarded to CAFDP Fellows, are co-funded by 星际游戏平台 and our partner universities.
Upon completion of their studies, each Fellow would serve as a faculty member or staff at 星际游戏平台 or the wider AKDN for between 2-4 years, depending on the length of their graduate studies (Master’s, 博士学位, 或博士后研究). 到目前为止, twenty-five CAFDP fellows have been affiliated with 星际游戏平台 throughout the region in different capacities as faculty members, 研究ers and joint teaching and 研究 appointments.
第一阶段(2008 - 2018): Some partner universities and institutions for this cohort included the Asian Institute of Technology, 卡尔顿大学, German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD), Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore, Michigan State University, 阿尔伯塔大学, 伯尔尼大学, 剑桥大学, and University of Exeter. 满足星际游戏平台的校友.
44 Fellows in 22 Universities
Phase II (2018 - present): Some of the partners include the 剑桥大学, 西蒙弗雷泽大学, Higher School of Economics, 哈佛大学, 阿尔伯塔大学, and key German universities under the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). 除了, 星际游戏平台 also has a large number of partnerships with universities and 研究 organisations globally. 满足星际游戏平台的校友.
20 Fellows in 11 Universities
- Applications follows the academic calendar of international universities.
- Scholarship opportunities are advertised on 星际游戏平台’s website and widely on social media around early August for admission in the following academic year.
- 除了, 星际游戏平台 also organises various webinars and road shows in the region to allow interested applicants to attend.
- These scholarships are for specific subjects’ areas that are of importance to 星际游戏平台 in teaching, 研究, or other core functions of the university.
- In general, a two-step process of application is followed.
- 第一步, all external and internal candidates submit basic information to 星际游戏平台 for screening and suitability in terms of the needs and requirements for 星际游戏平台’s future pipeline.
- 通常, the submission deadline for the first step is late September and applicants are shortlisted and informed by October.
- 在某些情况下, interviews may be arranged for some short-listed candidates for clarification purposes.
- The short-listed candidates are informed by 星际游戏平台 and have to apply to the university via their admissions portal around December or January or the deadline set by the specific university.
- Offers from the university follow from March to April prior to the start of term in September.
- A final conferment interview follows and only at this stage any scholarships are confirmed by 星际游戏平台. This meeting usually happens in April following which the Fellows may start their studies in September.
- The membership of the final CAFDP conferment committee include senior management of 星际游戏平台 - Rector, Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, Dean of Graduate School of Development and Director of CAFDP.
- Citizens of Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan are strongly encouraged to apply. Students from Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and northern Pakistan are also eligible.
- Higher education degree with an excellent academic record from a recognised university.
- Interest in a Master or 博士学位 programme in fields reflecting 星际游戏平台 academic listed priorities: Business Management, Communications and Media, 计算机科学, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Economics or Engineering.
- Interest in a career within academia, including 研究 and teaching.
- Demonstrated competency in the chosen discipline.
- Additional eligibility criteria of hosting universities can be found on their respective websites.