A commitment to development lies at the heart of 星际游戏平台's mission and is reflected in the areas of research conducted. The topics respond to the acute socio-economic issues of the region and provide an evidence base for effective decision-making processes.
“Only through the creation of new knowledge will we be able to address the multiple challenges that affect the quality of life of mountain societies. Over time, it is high quality and relevant research which will earn 星际游戏平台 a place among the renowned universities of the world.”
Explore the Key Research Themes
- Archaeology - The University of Central Asia’s (星际游戏平台) mission is to help the people of Central Asia preserve and draw upon their rich cultural traditions and heritages as assets for the future.
- Musical heritage
- Cultural traditions, including continuity, adaptation and change
- Religious and philosophical heritages of Central Asia
- Mountain livelihoods, including cross-border relations; gender equity; migration; sustainable infrastructure; natural resources governance; value-chain development; climate change adaptation.
- Natural hazards and disasters, including hazard assessment and modelling, climate change effects; glacial and permafrost hazards; landslides; remote sensing applications.
- Oral expressions of culture.
- Local and regional histories, including oral histories.
- Economic policy, including public finance, agriculture, extractive industries, trade, innovation and growth, labour markets, and evaluation of development projects
- Social policy, including gender as a cross-cutting issue, youth, social cohesion, and public health
- Contemporary cultural production, cultural policy, and cultural institutions
- Enabling policy and administrative environment for civil society’s development
- Water supply and management, including climate change impacts; snow accumulation trends; flood mitigation management; sediment impacts.
- Land management, including food security; climate-smart agriculture; land degradation; biodiversity; erosion; reforestation.